The Kansas Organization for Spacemodeling is proud to present
The Kansas Rocket Aero Modeler's Open (KRAMO) 39
June 1-2 in Hutchinson, KS
KRAMO is the annual competition launch hosted by KOSMO. This will be a NAR sanctioned National Rocketry Competition (NRC) event. Any of this year's NRC events may be flown and results of those flights will be subitted to the National Scoreboard.
The KRAMO contest will consist of three NRC events and three non-sanctioned events. Awards will be presented for each KRAMO event as well as an overall meet champion trophy.
Sport flying of Class 1 rockets that can reasonably be recovered in the launch area will also be allowed throughout the event.
New This Year — Night Flight
For the first time, a Night Flight will be included in the KRAMO event. Saturday evening after dark, an opportuity to fly lighted rockets will be available. All rockets flown after dark must include illumination throughout the duration of the flight.
KRAMO 39 Competitive Events
Open Spot Landing (rules)
"B" Eggloft Duration (NRC Sanctioned Event) (rules)
"1/4 A" Parachute Duration (NRC Sanctioned Event) (rules)
"A" Boost Glider Duration (NRC Sanctioned Event) (rules)
"A" Helicopter Duration (rules)
"A" Kansas Rocket Drags (see below)
Special Event Details
- Anyone wishing to fly NRC sanctioned events that are not part of the KRAMO events listed above must bring any items necessary for those events. This includes altimeters and payloads.
- Eggs will be provided for the "B" Eggloft Duration KRAMO event.
- The Kansas Rocket Drags event is a drag racing tournament. However, the rules are different than the NAR drag racing rules. A tournament bracket will be set up where heats of two rockets will be flown at a time in a drag race configuration. One point will be given for each of the following: first rocket off the pad, highest altitude, and first rocket down. Two out of three points wins the heat. Any rocket with any safe recovery method may be used in this event so long as it is using a single motor with "A" total impulse.
- Days and Times:
- Sat, June 1, 2:00pm - dark
- Sun, June 2, 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Kansas State Fair Grounds Parking Lot — Hutchinson KS
- See Launch Site Information for maps and directions
- Entrance Fees:
- Sport Flying: $1.00
- Competative Adult: $7.00
- Competative Youth: $5.00
- Family Pass: $15.00
- Spectators: Free